The South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking candidates for the Chamber Manager position
Qualified applicants should submit resumes and cover letters indicating how their experience meets the job requirements to: email@example.com.
Position is open until filled.
The South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce is a multi-municipality membership-based business-focused not-for-profit organization dedicated to the success and improved economic viability of our service area and surrounding regions. The South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce provides programs, events, information and education, advocacy and other member benefits designed to serve our member partners. The Chamber Manager is the primary agent for the Chamber deliverables.
The Chamber Manager manages all resources and implements priorities established by the Board of Directors supporting the organization’s mission, goals and purposes and is responsible for the daily operation and ultimate success of the organization. The Chamber Manager is charged with increasing the membership and sponsorship accounts and maintaining relationships with existing sponsors and members. The Chamber Manager is an at will employee of the Board of Directors.
1. Establish and enhance relationships with new and existing businesses and enterprises in the Chamber service area and beyond. Increase the membership base and increase sponsors of the Chamber.
2. Promote Chamber image, activities and events along with quality customer service to all members, visitors and other community constituents. Participate in activities to promote and enhance the image of and relationships with the Chamber.
3. Oversee and manage the Fiscal resources of the Chamber. Work with the Treasurer to establish the annual operating budget. Oversee all expenditures in accordance with the budget. Evaluate and implement programs and services which generate revenue for the organization.
4. Communicate effectively to all staff members, Board members, and members of the community. Regularly and effectively communicate Chamber business concerns to the Board and affected parties. Develop and maintain Chamber promotional materials and communications in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Stay current on local matters and matters of interest to the members. Maintain consistent contact with the business community and gather input regarding member services and potential developments relevant to Chamber priorities and activities. Reports to and advises the Board regarding issues affecting the Chamber membership.
6. Work and communicate effectively with the Board. Coordinate meeting agendas and assure Board meetings are timely and in accordance with the organizational bylaws. Serve as a non-voting member of the Executive Committee and assist the officers with input and guidance when needed.
7. Demonstrate leadership in the community through involvement and participation.
8. Manage and supervise Chamber staff and volunteers, including workflow and payroll. Advise Board of recommended staffing changes and implement upon approval.
9. Assist the Board in the development of policy as required. Carry the responsibility for the execution of policies adopted by the Board.
10. Assure the prompt payment of expenditures and deposit of receipts. Ensure the preparation of accurate, timely, monthly and yearly financial statements with detailed information.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Strong membership-based or business-to-business sales experience
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. Successful experience in Quickbooks, Social Media and Email marketing
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, the business community, public officials, co-workers and the general public
5. Ability to provide leadership and establish effective office and organization procedure
6. Ability to apply judgment and discretion in resolving problems and working for the best interest of Chamber members.
Preference given to candidates who
1. Have strong experience in the private or public business sector
2. Have demonstrated experience with proactive conflict resolution
3. Have successful experience with volunteer management
4. Have successful experience with business building and retention
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent is required and one year of college level coursework in business or related field is desired. Two years of business or management experience desired. Experience in a sales and or membership organization required.
1. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle
2. The position requires the ability to lift objects (supplies, displays, equipment) with occasional weights of up to 50-75 pounds.
3. The position encompasses varied work environments and frequently requires the ability to sit, stand and walk for several hours at a time.
4. The position requires occasional 10+ hour days and weekends.
Working Conditions and Environment This job requires sustained mental effort related to communication, problem solving, contact with the public, organizational issues, planning and technical areas as well as local travel, public speaking, and occasional non-standard hours.
The working environment is varied, can be fast paced and requires multitasking. There is sustained exposure to public contact, sitting, standing, and moderate computer and data work.
The South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full time position currently funded for 40 hours/week
- It is a non-benefitted, non-union and non-exempt position
- Requires insurable driving record along with ODL and a reliable vehicle
- Generally business hours (between 8a-5p) with occasional variable, evening, weekend hours
- Subject to background check