What exactly is the Chamber of Commerce?
The South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based organization. It is a partnership between businesses, professionals, and organizations who work together to build a healthy local economy and improve the quality of life in a local community. We are a not-for-profit 501c6 organization with over 150 businesses, non-profits, and individuals in the area.
Our Mission: Strength of Business is our priority
Vision: To create and promote economic vitality in South Columbia County
Our Core Values
Being a chamber member means more than a business directory listing. It shows you support economic development and growth in the community
The chamber is a collaboration of businesses, professionals and organizations working together
Chamber members join together because they stand a better chance of getting things done when speaking with a collective voice. They work together towards building a healthy economy and improving the quality of life
Word of mouth is the most powerful marketing. Chamber members are offered numerous opportunities to network, create intimate connections and be involved in the community.
Who Are Chamber Members?
Small Business Owners
Why Should You Join the Chamber?
What are the benefits of joining the Chamber?
Cost Effective Advertising
Social Media Promotion
After Hours Access to Conference Room
Meeting & Event Spaces
Business Directory Listing
Local Business News
Business Education & Resources
Why I’m A Chamber Member
Serving members at InRoads Credit Union has been my passion for the last 14 years. At the South County Chamber, we also focus on the members. We understand the value of helping local businesses succeed, which in turn grow our economy. By creating a more collaborative business climate we are contributing to greater business stability and ultimately a stronger community.
I’m reminded of a quote from Paul Allen on the topic: “Our net worth is ultimately defined not by dollars but rather by how well we serve others.”
The SCC has been the backbone of business in Columbia County for many years. I’m honored to be a part of it and feel privileged to serve and to be able to give back to the Chamber and its members.
United Way of Columbia County serves as a connection between our regional business partners and philanthropic opportunities. In partnership with local, regional, and state-wide businesses, we can strengthen the support for ALL of our neighbors in Columbia County.
South County Chamber of Commerce provides an opportunity for building partnerships, meeting new faces, and sharing about programs and services that can benefit us all. United Way of Columbia County is 100% local, from giving to providing services. Being a Chamber of Commerce Member helps us achieve our vision of having thriving communities with opportunities for a better life for all.
With the support of local business United Way will work for the common good by focusing on the basic building blocks of health, education and financial stability for everyone
Our Top Benefits of Chamber Membership
As a chamber member, you have the opportunity to attend or host a Coffee & Commerce event. This is a bi-monthly meeting that is extremely well-attended and is a great opportunity to connect with other chamber members. Bring your business card and your 30-second elevator pitch. As the host, you have a great opportunity to showcase your business to a captive audience.
The Chamber of Commerce offers complimentary Wi-fi and an inviting co-working space for anyone who needs a change of scenery from their office. We also have two conference rooms that are available at a discounted price for chamber members. Coffee cart coming soon.
As a member, you can submit information about something new or a special event that we will feature in our bi-monthly newsletter email that is sent to over 900 subscribers. Print newsletter coming soon.
Chamber members are eligible to be nominated for an award at our Annual Award Banquet, for outstanding service in the community. In addition, the chamber and visitor center receives weekly phone calls from local residents and out of town visitors asking for recommendations. We give preference to chamber members.
Your business listing is part of our Chamber website. If anyone is looking for a business, service or attraction, they can search for on our website. Your landing page on our website includes a description, your business logo, and a link to your website.
Advertise at the Chamber
Chamber members can drop off their business cards, brochures and flyers to be displayed at the chamber. Chamber members can also have their business be displayed on the maps located in the chamber visitor center.
The Chamber provides the service with ribbon and giant scissors. Chamber members and your city officials are invited to attend the ceremony. The picture and an article on your business will be featured in our newsletter. A press release is sent to the local newspapers. You can also feature the story and picture on your own website or social media accounts.
Chamber members in good standing are now eligible for benefits through the Oregon State Chamber of Commerce. Valid for businesses who have between 1-25 employees and worker’s compensation.
Chamber Member Identification
You’ll receive a Chamber Member decal for your front door as well as a Chamber Member graphic for you to display on your website.
For our Community Stakeholders and Investors – you value the mission of the chamber and view your membership as a partnership and an investment in the community. You see the chamber as a liaison to connect key stakeholders in order to build a stronger and better local economy. Our Community Stakeholders are often recognized sponsors of the chamber and leaders in our community. In exchange, they receive maximum exposure for their engagement.
This is the best fit for:
- Large employers
- Major financial institutions
- Educational institutions
- Local municipalities
These business members have a vested interest in the community-at-large and wish to support the mission of the Chamber. They see the chamber in strengthening the local economy, representing business interests in government, and promoting the community.
This is best for established professional business services:
- Medical and dental offices
- Commercial developers
- Construction firms
- Financial firms
- Title and escrow
- Real estate firms
- Local media firms
- Charitable organizations with a large budget
This level is best for smaller to medium-sized businesses that are already established businesses that are seeking additional exposure, community engagement, and networking.
- Entertainment venues
This is the perfect fit for small local businesses that are just getting started. You want to join the chamber for exposure. Attending networking events is important to you.
This membership level is also a great fit for:
- Home-based businesses that don’t have a physical location
- Newer service professionals in the real estate, financial, and insurance industry
- Charitable organizations with smaller budgets.
Individual memberships are for those people not associated with a business who would like to support the chamber’s work in the community. This membership is available at $75/year. Individual members receive our newsletters, invitations to our Coffee & Commerce events, and our Annual Banquet Award Ceremony.
- Eligible to host a Coffee & Commerce event (currently via Zoom)
- Health Insurance benefits available through the Oregon State Chamber of Commerce
- Access to bulk mailing program
- Chamber Chat video interview
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony
- After-hours building access
- Once a month complimentary use of InRoads Credit Union Conference room or smaller meeting room, then 50% discount each time after
- Listed in the membership directory
- Use of chamber logo to be featured on your website
- Chamber member decal sticker to be placed in your business window
- Events listed on the chamber event calendar
- Flyers hung on the community wall at the chamber
- 10% discount on all education classes taught by the chamber
- Everything available at the Clark level, plus:
- Logo featured on every page footer of the website, with a link back to your website
- Your business location featured on QR Wall at the Chamber and Visitor Center
- Facebook and newsletter advertising for events, sales, and fundraisers
- Twice a month complimentary use of the InRoads conference room, and then 50% discount each time after.
- Complimentary job posting advertising
- Everything included in the Lewis & Clark membership, plus:
- Recognition as a Community Partner and Willamette Tier sponsor at all events
- Unlimited use of the Chamber conference room
- Everything included in the Lewis, Clark, and Willamette membership, plus:
- Recognition as a Community Partner and Columbia Level Sponsor at all events
- Recognition with logo plaque inside the Chamber visitor center
- Up to 8 employees signed up at the Clark membership
- Logo featured on monthly email blasts
Click Here to Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our email list and stay in touch with the South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce. Get the latest updates on what's happening at the chamber. We share information on local networking opportunities, local events, business classes, local news, chamber member spotlights, tourism information, and more.