Current Open Position
Part-time Office Coordinator
Be part of supporting healthy businesses in South County! The South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce is looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) office administrator. As a public face of the chamber you must be professional, energetic and friendly. This position is primarily administrative in nature but will also include elements of work in public relations and member services. The chamber currently serves a growing member base of 145 businesses through creating connections for healthy business growth and providing resources and education.
- Day-to-day management of chamber office following office procedures
- Work from the chamber office ensuring the chamber office is open to the public on a consistent schedule
- Check and respond to email, phone calls, and respond to messages in a timely manner; elevate items to the Board executive team as needed.
- Greet visitors to the Chamber office / Visitors Center and answer questions.
- Receive mail and make appropriate
- Route all bills to the Board Treasurer for payment; deposit checks.
- Manage chamber schedule of events, creating calendar invites for events and meetings
- Manage conference room schedule, reservations and contracts.
- Administer membership database keeping it up to date.
- Contribute to chamber strategic planning.
- Prepare board meeting agenda
- Other duties as specified by the Board executive team.
Chamber Committee Administration Duties
- Attend monthly committee meetings
- Event Committee: Assist with coordinating member events (ribbon cuttings, etc.)
- Membership Committee: Reach out to potential new members, lapsed members and current members as identified by committee.
- Marketing Committee: Assist in identifying useful content for newsletter and social media posts. Assist with social media and weekly newsletter emails when needed
- Education Committee: Logistical support for training (schedule and set up training room and equipment), facilitate registration.
- Building Use Committee: Coordinate paperwork for tenants
- Coffee & Commerce Committee: Assist committee with virtual meetings and later, in-person meeting attendee registration.
- Highly organized
- Self-motivated with the ability to take direction and move a project to completion
- Basic comfort level with technology
- Stellar customer service
Education: High school graduate or GED with some college recommended.
Special Technical Knowledge:
- Proficient in Google Docs or Microsoft Office
- General Windows 10 computer skills
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database management, and basic bookkeeping skills preferred
- Familiarity with using email marketing software such as Constant Contact, MailChimp or similar preferred
Other Requirements: Current driver’s license and clean driving record. Must pass a pre-employment background check. Occasional driving to Scappoose, St. Helens, Vernonia, Columbia City may be required.
Salary: $14-$18 per hour D.O.E.
Click Here to Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our email list and stay in touch with the South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce. Get the latest updates on what’s happening at the chamber. We share information on local networking opportunities, local events, business classes, local news, chamber member spotlights, tourism information, and more.